Do you use bell ringers in your social studies class? If not, are you interested in trying them out?
Today in history bell ringers are a fantastic way to start your social studies classes because they help engage your students from the minute they enter your classroom!
PS – make sure you read to the end for a sweeeet freebie!
5 Reasons why you should be using history bell ringers
- They engage your students from the minute they walk into your classroom
- They establish a routine for your students that will help you start class without the chaos
- They broaden your students’ knowledge of important historical events
- They encourage discussion among your students about the event that took place
- They give your students a chance to ask questions and think critically about new information
Getting started with today in history bell ringers
You can also get an entire year of Today in History bell ringers done for you in my shop! This year-long resource comes with 365 editable and non-editable today in history slides so you don’t have to worry about prepping them yourself!
Click here to grab your copy!
Establish a routine with today in history bell ringers
when my students walk into my classroom they immediately sit down and read the today in history fact I have projected. They are free to discuss the fact with their friends until I finish taking attendance and getting settled.
Then, we discuss the today in history fact as a class and I give more background information on the event if the students need it.
We discuss things like:
- The importance of the event
- Who was involved
- It’s impact on the world at the time
- The larger impact it had on history and society as a whole
Ready for a freebie?
Because I LOVE how today in history bell ringers have transformed my classroom, I wanted to share two free months of bell ringers with you! 100% FREE!
To get two months of bell ringers for free, simply click the button below!
I hope you love these bell ringers as much as I do! Happy teaching!