Have you ever thought…
- Where did my day go? I planned a great social studies lesson but now I have no time for it!
- The social studies curriculum I was provided with is dry and boring! My kids are going to hate this.
- I don’t have time to plan a whole lesson on [subject]! I need something that I can print fast!
- I can never find quality resources to integrate social studies with my ELA block.
If you answered YES, then I’ve got great news for you! I have created a resource that is going to save you time and your sanity, while also providing you with everything you need to successfully & seamlessly integrate social studies into your ELA lessons!
My K-2 Social Studies Reading Comprehension Pack covers 20 different social studies topics, which means you’ll be good to go all year long!
Each set of passages comes with 2-3 comprehension questions based on the text.
The text is intended for K-2nd graders and can be read together as a class, in small groups, or independently!
Interested in trying out my K-2 Social Studies Reading Comprehension Passages for yourself? Click the button below for a sweet freebie!
Ideas for classroom use
These reading comprehension passages are the perfect addition to your ELA centers!
- Print them off and have students do them individually
- Place them in a sheet protector and have students complete them with a dry erase marker, that way you save on paper!
Small Group Instruction
You can use these reading comprehension passages as your primary tool for small group instruction, or keep them as back up if you have extra time.
Bell Ringers or Early Finishers
These reading comprehension passages are a great resource for bell ringers or early finishers. They are the perfect way to check your students’ ability to work independently and comprehend the text on their own!
Did you cover a unit in social studies that you want your students to have more practice on? Send them home as homework and get their parents involved in checking their work!
- American Symbols
- Countries Around the World
- Community Helpers
- United States Landmarks
- World Landmarks
- 13 Colonies
- American Holidays
- 7 Continents
- U.S. Government
- Black History Month
- Famous Inventors
- Women’s History Month
- Colonial America
- Christmas Around the World
Click here to grab your copy!
Don’t forget your freebie!
Click the button below to grab a free sample of my K-2 Social Studies Reading Comprehension Passages!
Grab your copy!
Are you ready to worry less about planning your social studies lessons? Are you looking for quality resources to integrate social studies into your ELA block?
Click here to grab your copy of my K-2 Social Studies Reading Comprehension Passages!