This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on American History in the 1950s and 1960s in an engaging way! This resource covers the Cold War through Johnson’s administration.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of American History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 19 graphic organizers: 17 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 11 ½ pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – McCarthyism, duck and cover, fallout shelter, National Highway Act, Sputnik, Fair Deal, Bay of Pigs, Berlin Wall, Alliance for Progress, Vietnamization, New Frontier, Apollo 11
2. Cold War – Korean War, Suez Crisis, the Americas, Cuban Revolution, Bay of Pigs, Cuban Missile Crisis, Berlin Crisis, Vietnam War
3. McCarthyism – origins, executive branch, congress, blacklists, laws, McCarran Internal Security Act, Communist Control Act, popular support, communist portrayals, victims
4. Baby Boom – background, marriage rates, family sizes
5. Truman administration – founding the U.N., Cold War, Marshall Plan, China, NATO, Israel, GI Bill, civil rights, Fair Deal, constitutional amendments
6. Eisenhower administration – New Look Policy, Cold War, Eisenhower Doctrine, nonpartisanship, immigration, civil rights, interstate system, labor unions, constitutional amendments
7. Society – capitalism & consumerism, suburbia, women’s fashion, music, movies, television
8. Civil Rights Movement – Montgomery bus boycott, Little Rock Nine, sit-ins, freedom riders, Birmingham Campaign, march on Washington, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Harlem Riots, Voting Rights Act of 1965, Civil Rights Act of 1968
9. Great Society – civil rights, war on poverty, education, Medicare & Medicaid, welfare, consumer protection, environmental policies, labor unions, constitutional amendments
10. Anti-War movement – the draft, students, arts, women, African Americans, Asian Americans
11. Stonewall Riots – background, riots, aftermath, legacy
12. Kennedy administration – 1960 election, judicial appointments, economy, civil rights, space policy, Peace Corps, Cold War
13. Kennedy Assassination – background, Lee Harvey Oswald, assassination, funeral, conspiracy theories, reactions
14. Johnson administration – inauguration, civil rights, Great Society, health care, immigration, space program, Cold War
15. Space Race – start, orbit, race to the moon, Gemini program, man on the moon, end
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other American History interactive notebooks (Part 4):