This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on American History in the 1970s and 1980s in an engaging way! This resource covers the Nixon administration through Raegan’s administration.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of American History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 17 graphic organizers: 15 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 9 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – stagflation, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Energy, Pentagon Papers, Watergate, Yom Kippur War, Viet Cong, New Federalism, War on Drugs, Equal Rights Amendment, Camp David Accords, détente
2. Nixon administration – foreign policy, domestic policy, space policy
3. Vietnam War – before Nixon, Nixon Doctrine, U.S. opposition, Paris Peace Accords
4. Watergate scandal – wiretaps, cover-ups, impeachment, smoking gun tape, releasing the tapes, resignation, pardon
5. 1973 oil crisis – OPEC, background, embargo, effects, decline of OPEC
6. Détente with USSR – red telephone, SALT I, SALT II, Helsinki Accords, end of détente
7. Three Mile Island accident – accident, emergency declared, evacuation, cleanup, health effects
8. Second Cold War – Soviet Afghanistan War, Raegan & Thatcher, military and economic issues
9. Ford administration – Nixon pardon, domestic affairs, foreign affairs, assassination attempts
10. Carter administration – domestic policy, foreign policy, 1980 Presidential campaign
11. Panama Canal treaties – background, ratification, criticism, implementation
12. Iran hostage crisis – background, rescue attempts, 444-day crisis, aftermath
13. Raegan administration – major legislation, domestic policy, foreign policy, Raegan Doctrine, fall of the Berlin Wall, assassination attempt
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other American History interactive notebooks (Part 4):