This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Age of Jackson in an engaging way! This resource covers the Jackson administration through the Second Great Awakening.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of American History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 14 graphic organizers: 12 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 3 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• 1 maps of the Trail of Tears
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – Jacksonian democracy, spoils system, Indian Removal Act, Trail of Tears, nullification, secession, depression, inflation, Panic of 1837, Donner Party, Forty-Niners, Whig party
2. Second party system – Democratic party, Whig party, leaders of each party
3. Jackson’s presidency – petticoat affair, purging corruption, spoils system, foreign affairs, removal of deposits and censure, assassination attempt
4. Indian Removal Act – background, five civilized tribes, support, opposition, passage, implementation
5. Trail of Tears – Choctaw, Seminole, Creek, Chickasaw, Cherokee
6. Seminole Wars
7. Nullification Crisis – background, tariffs, South Carolina, tariff of 1832
8. Bank war – background, veto, election of 1832
9. Jacksonian democracy – philosophy, common man, new Democratic party
10. Second Great Awakening – theology, burned-over district, camp meetings, church membership
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other American History interactive notebooks (Part 2):