This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on Ancient India in an engaging way! This resource covers the Indus Valley Civilization through the Middle Kingdoms (classical period).
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of Ancient World History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 20 graphic organizers: 18 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 4 maps: one blank map of India, a map of the ancient civilizations that formed around the Indus River, a map of the Maurya Empire, a map of the Gupta Empire
• 4 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – subcontinent, monsoon, Aryan, Himalayas, Hindu Kush, citadel, Sanskrit, caste system, guru, sutee, stupa, atman
2. Geography – the Indus River
3. The Indus Valley Civilization – discovery, geography, mehrgarh, technology, art
4. Harappa – history, discovery, culture, economy
5. Mohenjo Darro – history, discovery, architecture, artifacts
6. The Vedic period – rigveda, origins, early Vedic period, later Vedic period, political organization, religion
7. Second Urbanisation – Mahajanapada, Magadha Dynasties, Persian and Greek conquests
8. The Maurya Empire – Chandragupta Maurya, conquest of Magadha, Ashoka, organization, decline
9. The Gupta Empire – Chandragupta I, Samudraguprta, Chandragupta II,decline
10. The Middle Kingdoms (classical period) – early classical period, classical period, late classical period
11. Hinduism – beliefs (dharma, artha, samsara, karma, moksha) and the Trimurti (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva)
12. Buddhism – life of the Buddha, and Buddhist concepts (dukkha, samsara, rebirth, karma, nirvana)
13. Jainism – 5 vows of Jainism (ahimsa, satya, asteya, brahmacharya, apirigraha)
14. Varnas (castes) – brahmins, kshatriyas, vaishyas, shudras, untouchables)
15. Culture – art, architecture, music, literature
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other Ancient World History interactive notebooks: