This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on Ancient Mesopotamia in an engaging way! This resource covers Sumer through the Persian Empire.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
In this resource you will find…
• 17 graphic organizers: 15 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 1 map of Mesopotamia and the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
• 4 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – aqueduct, chariot, city-state, civilization, empire, Fertile Crescent, irrigation, Mesopotamia, scribe, shekel, stylus, siege weapons
2. Geography – Tigris & Euphrates Rivers
3. Sumer – city states, architecture, culture, military, technology, language and writing
4. The Akkadian Empire – history, Sargon the Great, religion, Naram-Sin
5. The Babylonian Empire – rise of the Babylonians, Babylon, code of Hammurabi, fall of Babylon, Neo-Babylonian Empire
6. The Assyrian Empire – rise to power, second rise to power, the Neo-Assyrian Empire, the library at Nineveh
7. The Persian Empire – culture, religion, government, fall of the empire
8. Major cities in Mesopotamia – Uruk, Assur, Akkad, Babylon, Nineveh, Nimrud, Persepolis
9. The Ziggurats
10. Social structure – high class, middle class, low class
12. Inventions – the wheel, technology, astronomy, math
13. Mesopotamian religion (gods) – Tiamat, Ishtar, Enki, Apsu, Marouk, Anu, Gilgamesh, Inanna, Ereshkigal, Kingu
14. The Epic of Gilgamesh – author, first half, second half
15. The Code of Hammurabi – versions, law groupings, example
16. Famous Mesopotamian Rulers – Gilgamesh, Sargon the Great, Naram-Sin, Hammurabi, Naboplassar, Nebuchadnezzar II, Shamshi-Adad I, Sennacherib, Ashurbanipal, Cyrus the Great, Darius I, Xerxes I
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!