This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Articles of Confederation and the United States Constitution in an engaging way! This resource covers the Articles of Confederation through the ratification of the new Constitution.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student notes. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 14 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – constitution, Articles of Confederation, compromise, Anti-Federalist, Federalist, impeachment, popular sovereignty, amendment, veto, enumerated powers, concurrent powers, shared powers
2. Articles of Confederation – who wrote them, when each state ratified them
3. 13 Articles – summarize each of the 13 Articles
4. Strengths and weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation
5. Constitutional Convention – purpose, president, draft, signing, ratification
6. Proposed plans – Virginia Plan, New Jersey Plan, Hamilton’s Plan, Pinckney’s Plan, the Great Compromise
7. Branches of government – executive, legislative, judicial
8. Checks and balances – separation of powers, checks on the branches, power of the states
9. Bill of Rights – summarize each of the 10 amendments
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!