This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Articles of Confederation and United States Constitution in an engaging way! This resource covers the Articles of Confederation through the ratification of the new Constitution.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
In this resource you will find…
• 12 graphic organizers: 10 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 4 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – constitution, Articles of Confederation, compromise, Anti-Federalist, Federalist, impeachment, popular sovereignty, amendment, veto, enumerated powers, concurrent powers, shared powers
2. Articles of Confederation – who wrote them, when each state ratified them
3. 13 Articles – summarize each of the 13 Articles
4. Strengths and weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation
5. Constitutional Convention – purpose, president, draft, signing, ratification
6. Proposed plans – Virginia Plan, New Jersey Plan, Hamilton’s Plan, Pinckney’s Plan, the Great Compromise
7. Branches of government – executive, legislative, judicial
8. Checks and balances – separation of powers, checks on the branches, power of the states
9. Bill of Rights – summarize each of the 10 amendments
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!