This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Cold War in an engaging way! This resource covers the rise of communism through the fall of the Soviet Union.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of American History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 24 graphic organizers: 22 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 9 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – arms race, capitalism, communism, détente, Eisenhower Doctrine, Iron Curtain, McCarthyism, proxy war, red scare, space race, Truman Doctrine, Warsaw Pact
2. Western leaders – Harry Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher
3. Communism – history, Russia, China, results
4. Arms race – nuclear weapons, arms race, ICBMs, defense, other countries, arms reduction talks, end
5. Space Race – beginning, orbit, race to the moon, Gemini program, man on the moon, end
6. Berlin airlift – tensions, blockading Berlin, airlift
7. Suez Crisis – Suez Canal, Naser & Egypt, seizing the canal, Israel attack, end, results
8. Red scare – 1st red scare, 2nd red scare, government
9. McCarthyism – origins, executive branch, congress, blacklists, laws, McCarran Internal Security Act, Communist Control Act, popular support, communist portrayals, victims
10. Berlin Wall – background, defections, building the wall, wall torn down
11. Bay of Pigs – background, plan, invasion, results
12. Cuban Missile Crisis – background, crisis begins, blockade, negotiations
13. Détente with USSR – red telephone, SALT I, SALT II, Helsinki Accords, end of détente
14. Korean War – background, North Korea attacks, war, battle of Inchon, China enters, 38th parallel, end
15. Vietnam War – background, containment, US enters, Johnson’s war plan, US exits, proxy war
16. Chinese Civil War – background, civil war begins, Ten Years Civil War, long march, WWII, civil war resumes, end of fighting
17. Yom Kippur War – other countries, war begins, counterattack, end
18. Soviet Afghanistan War – background, war begins, war, end
19. Soviet Union Collapse – Mikhail Gorbachev, Glasnost, Perestroika, Baltic nationalists, attempted takeover, breakup
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other American History interactive notebooks (Part 4):