Are you looking for an engaging way to teach your students about community helpers? This social studies unit has everything you need to teach a meaningful unit on our community helpers. This unit is perfect for a social studies block, or incorporated into a literacy or language arts lesson! It includes information and activities for 12 community helpers.
Included in this resource
– Posters of all of the helpers and for each individual helper. Each poster comes in color and black and white.
– Can/have/are worksheets
– Label the helper activities
– Bubble map graphic organizer to describe each helper
– Writing sheets for each helper
– Letter worksheets for younger learners
– Word wall cards with and without pictures, and in color and black and white
– 2 mini-book options to choose from
– 8 writing prompts
– Write the room cards (in color and black and white) and an answer sheet
– Police Officer
– Mail Carrier
– Construction Worker
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!