This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on on early humans in an engaging way! This resource covers early humans during the Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and Neolithic periods of the Stone Age.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
This resource is included in a larger BUNDLE of other Early Human resources! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 21 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – prehistory, artifact, atlalt, fossil, carbon dating, and bipedal
2. B.C. vs B.C.E and A.D. vs C.E.
3. How do we know about early humans? – biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, linguistic anthropology, and archaeology
4. Early human ancestors – ustralopithecus, homo habilis, homo erectus, neanderthals, cro-magnons, and homo-sapiens sapiens
4. Early human migration out of Africa and into the rest of the world
5. Periods of the Stone Age – Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and Neolithic
6. Characteristics of hunter-gatherers – social structure, tools, diet, daily life
7. Characteristics of farmers – social structure, tools, diet, daily life
8. Agricultural revolution key vocabulary – fertile crescent, domesticate, neolithic founder crops
9. The Bering land bridge – map
10. Impact of the last ice age – Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Australia, North America, South America
11. Types of prehistoric art: petroglyphs, pictographs, prehistoric sculptures, and megalithic art
12. Cave paintings– what they are, where they’re found, what’s on the walls, and what there purposes were
13. Lascaux cave – images and information
14. Prehistoric religion – burials, animal worship, art as evidence, goddess worship
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other Early Human resources:
– Prehistoric Cave Paintings
– Early Human Ancestors
– Neolithic Revolution
– Periods of the Stone Age
– Early Humans & the Stone Age PowerPoint
– Word Wall & Vocab Activities
– Early Humans Interactive Notebook
– Early Humans & the Stone Age Test and Answer Key