This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the European Early Middle Ages in an engaging way! This resource covers the fall of Rome through the establishment of the Kievan Rus.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of Medieval World History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 16 graphic organizers: 14 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 6 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – Early Middle Ages, Franks, Clovis, Charlemagne, Vikings, feudalism, primogeniture, manorialism, Anglo-Saxons, Alfred the Great, Holy Roman Empire, fief
2. Fall of Rome – gradual decline, split in two, Rome sacked, Rome falls
3. Byzantine Empire – death of Theodosius I, Justinian I, Iconoclast controversy, Arab-Byzantine Wars, East-West Schism
4. Christianization of the West – early Medieval church, Germanic tribes, Hiberno-Scottish mission, Anglo-Saxon mission, Saint Boniface
5. The Franks – Merovingian Kingdom, Carolingian Dynasty, Charlemagne, Holy Roman Empire, divided empire, Treaty of Verdun
6. Rise of Islam – expansion, conquest of Hispania, Islam in southern Italy, peak & decline
7. Battle of Tours – Iberia to Gaul, Odo the Great, Battle of River Garonne, Battle of Tours
8. Anglo-Saxons – kingdoms, Viking invasion, Alfred the Great, society, government, legacy
9. Vikings – Vikings, language, beginning of the Viking age, Viking age, decline
10. Kievan Rus – history, establishment, golden age, Vladimir the Great, Yaroslav the Wise, decline
11. Feudalism – king, baron, lord, peasants & serfs, the manor
12. Guilds – importance, apprentice, journeyman, master, types of guilds
13. Education & Learning – science, Carolingian renaissance, Byzantine golden age, monasteries, Islamic learning
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other Medieval World History interactive notebooks:
There are no reviews yet.