***Click here for a preview of this resource***
This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the foundations of the United States government in an engaging way! This resource covers everything from what Democracy is to the purpose of taxes.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student notes. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 14 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – government, democracy, legislative power, executive power, judicial power, separation of powers, Articles of Confederation, Constitution, bicameral, ratification, constitutionalism, rule of law
2. Democracy – direct democracy, representative democracy, characteristics, criticisms, the United States
3. Checks & balances – separation of powers, Congress, the President, the courts, federal vs. state powers
4. U.S. Armed Forces – purpose, commander in chief, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Reserves
5. State & local government – Executive branch, Legislative branch, Judicial branch, local government, taxes
6. Interest groups – definition, lobbying, representatives, marketing, economic interest groups, public interest groups
7. Citizenship – rights of citizens, who can be a citizen?, application, interview, oath of allegiance
8. Taxes – purpose, income taxes, property taxes, sales tax, social security tax, medicare tax, corporate tax, other taxes
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
There are no reviews yet.