This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the High Middle Ages in an engaging way! This resource covers the Crusades through the Mongol invasion of Europe.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of Medieval World History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 16 graphic organizers: 14 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 7 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – High Middle Ages, Crusades, Holy Land, Pope Urban II, Saladin, Richard the Lionhearted, knight, chivalry, Magna Carta, Norman Conquest, scholasticism, Great Schism
2. Religion – scholasticism, monasticism, mendicant orders, heretics
3. Medieval orders – Benedictine order, Cistercian order, the Franciscans, the Carmelites, Dominican order, Augustinian order
4. East-West Schism – history, points of conflict, mutual excommunication, efforts at reconciliation
5. The Crusades – why, beginning, first crusade, crusader states, second crusade, third crusade, fourth crusade, children’s crusade, 5th-9th crusades
6. Knights – history, order of knights, becoming a knight, weapons and armor, coat of arms, tournaments & jousting, chivalry
7. The Magna Carta – history, barons rebel, signing the Magna Carta, details, First Barons’ War, legacy
8. Norman Conquest of 1066 – Normans, claims to the throne, Norway invades, Norman invasion, control of England, legacy
9. Mongol Invasion of Europe – Mongol Empire, Kievan Rus, Poland, Kingdom of Hungary, Croatia, Austria & Bulgaria, resistance, end, later raids
10. Science & technology – Renaissance of the 12th century, universities, scholastics, important events
11. Culture – art, Bayeux tapestry, architecture, music
12. Society – manorialism, nobility, clergy, Jewish communities, women
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other Medieval World History interactive notebooks: