This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Judicial Branch of the United States government in an engaging way! This resource covers everything from Federal courts to famous Supreme Court judges.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student notes. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 11 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – Supreme Court, criminal cases, civil cases, jurisdiction, District Courts, marshal, subpoena, appellate jurisdiction, remand, unconstitutional, judicial
2. Federal Courts – United States district courts, United States court of appeals, Supreme Court, number of courts, tenure
3. Judicial Review – definition, in the Constitution, before Marbury v. Madison, Marbury v. Madison, criticism
4. Supreme Court – history, size, appointment & confirmation, tenure, current justices, salary, case selection, law clerks
5. Judicial Process – Article III of the Constitution, additional protections, criminal cases, civil cases, appeals
6. Landmark Supreme Court Cases – Marbury v. Madison, McColloch v. Maryland, Dred Scott v. Sanford, Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, Miranda v. Arizona, U.S. v. Nixon
7. Famous Supreme Court Justices – John Jay, John Marshall, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., William Howard Taft, Earl Warren, Thurgood Marshall, Sandra Day O’Connor
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!