This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Judicial Branch of the United States government in an engaging way! This resource covers everything from Federal courts to famous Supreme Court judges.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of US Government notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 10 graphic organizers: 8 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 5 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – Supreme Court, criminal cases, civil cases, jurisdiction, District Courts, marshal, subpoena, appellate jurisdiction, remand, unconstitutional, judicial
2. Federal Courts – United States district courts, United States court of appeals, Supreme Court, number of courts, tenure
3. Judicial Review – definition, in the Constitution, before Marbury v. Madison, Marbury v. Madison, criticism
4. Supreme Court – history, size, appointment & confirmation, tenure, current justices, salary, case selection, law clerks
5. Judicial Process – Article III of the Constitution, additional protections, criminal cases, civil cases, appeals
6. Landmark Supreme Court Cases – Marbury v. Madison, McColloch v. Maryland, Dred Scott v. Sanford, Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, Miranda v. Arizona, U.S. v. Nixon
7. Famous Supreme Court Justices – John Jay, John Marshall, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., William Howard Taft, Earl Warren, Thurgood Marshall, Sandra Day O’Connor
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other US Government interactive notebooks: