This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the European Late Middle Ages in an engaging way! This resource covers the rise of the Ottoman Empire through the Spanish Inquisition.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of Medieval World History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 18 graphic organizers: 16 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 7 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – Late Middle Ages, papal schism, Avignon, Reconquista, Johannes Gutenberg, Thomas Aquinas, Ottoman Empire, Black Death, Hundred Years’ War, Joan of Arc, William Wallace, inquisition
2. Christianity – Papal Schism, John Wycliffe, Jan Hus, witchcraft, Reconquista
3. Science & technology – moveable type, maritime technology, Thomism, theories of motion
4. Rise of the Ottoman Empire – Anatolia before the Ottomans, origins, government, military
5. Black Death – origins, plague in Europe, poor hygiene, reaction, persecutions, recurrence
6. Hundred Years’ War – start, raids, Black Prince, peace, Battle of Agincourt, Joan of Arc, end
7. Reconquista – the Moors, Moors invade Europe, start of the Reconquista, military orders, fall of Granada
8. War of the Roses – causes, rival families, roses, beginning, Edward IV, Richard III
9. Great Famine – background, geography, great famine, consequences
10. Peasants’ Revolt – causes, John Bampton, demands, advance on London, dispersion, end
11. Causes of the Scottish Wars of Independence – background, Edward as Lord Paramount, the Great Cause, King John, Franco-Scottish Alliance
12. Scottish Wars of Independence – first & second war
13. Spanish Inquisition – false conversions, jurisdiction, growth, investigations, numbers
14. Decline & Fall of the Byzantine Empire – collapse of the West, rise of Islam, Seljuk conquest of Anatolia, civil wars, rise of the Ottomans, fall of Constantinople
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other Medieval World History interactive notebooks: