This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Legislative Branch of the United States government in an engaging way! This resource covers everything from the House & the Senate to Congressional oversight.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student notes. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 12 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – Bicameral Legislature, Senate, House of Representatives, census, redistricting, gerrymandering, veto, censure, incumbent, constituent, caucus, filibuster
2. Senate – number of Senators, terms, requirements, Senate chamber, President of the Senate, President Pro Tempore, majority leader, minority leader, whips, debates & filibusters
3. House of Representatives – number of Representatives, terms, requirements, House chamber, Speaker of the House, majority leader, minority leader, whips
4. How laws are made – writing a bill, introduced into Congress, committee, House approval, Senate approval, Presidential approval, veto
5. Powers of Congress – Article I, taxes, coin money, create Federal courts, declare war, impeachment of federal officers, approval of Presidential appointments, establish post offices & roads, grant patents, other powers
6. Congressional Oversight – implied power, control of agencies, purposes
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!