This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Legislative Branch of the United States government in an engaging way! This resource covers everything from the House & the Senate to Congressional oversight.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
In this resource you will find…
• 10 graphic organizers: 8 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 5 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – Bicameral Legislature, Senate, House of Representatives, census, redistricting, gerrymandering, veto, censure, incumbent, constituent, caucus, filibuster
2. Senate – number of Senators, terms, requirements, Senate chamber, President of the Senate, President Pro Tempore, majority leader, minority leader, whips, debates & filibusters
3. House of Representatives – number of Representatives, terms, requirements, House chamber, Speaker of the House, majority leader, minority leader, whips
4. How laws are made – writing a bill, introduced into Congress, committee, House approval, Senate approval, Presidential approval, veto
5. Powers of Congress – Article I, taxes, coin money, create Federal courts, declare war, impeachment of federal officers, approval of Presidential appointments, establish post offices & roads, grant patents, other powers
6. Congressional Oversight – implied power, control of agencies, purposes
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!