This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on Medieval India in an engaging way! This resource covers the decline of the Gupta Empire through Islamic expansion into India.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
In this resource you will find…
• 16 graphic organizers: 14 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 2 maps of India.
• 5 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – sanskrit, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, reincarnation, caste system, sultan, Delhi Sultanate, vedas, Himalayas, Deccan Plateau, karma
2. History – decline of the Gupta Empire, Harsha Vardhana, rival kingdoms
3. Gurjara Pratiharas – history, early expansion, Kannauj, decline, legacy
4. Kingdom of the Palas – origins, expansion, first decline, revival, second decline, second revival, final decline
5. Chalukya Dynasty – origins, Chalukyas of Badami, Chalukyas of Kalyani, Chalukyas of Vengi, culture
6. Rashtrakuta Dynasty – history, empire, contributions, decline
7. Southern Indian Kingdoms – Cheras, Pallavas, Pandyas, Cholas
8. Islamic Expansion – strong kingdoms, Muslim aggression, Muhammad of Gur, Delhi Sultanate, split in two, decline & legacy
9. Society & Economy – caste system, women, education, international trade, pilgrim centers
10. Caste System – Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas, Shudras, Untouchables
11. Religion – Sufi movement, Bhakti movement, Vaishnavism, Buddhism, Jainism, Islam
12. Culture – language, literature, art, architecture
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!