This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on Medieval Japan in an engaging way! This resource covers the Kamakura Period through the Azuchi-Momoyama Period.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of Medieval World History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 18 graphic organizers: 16 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 5 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – feudalism, shogunate, shogun, daimyo, samurai, clan, sect, martial arts, meditation, Tale of Genji, bushido, torii
2. Kamakura Period – Genpei War, Kamakura Shogunate, fights for supremacy, expansion of Buddhism, Joei Shikimoku, Mongol invasion, decline and end
3. Feudalism – emperor, shogunate, daimyo, samurai
4. The Samurai – history, rise of the samurai, bushido, seppuku, castles, weapons
5. Mongol invasions – background, Mongol threats, first invasion, second invasion
6. Muromachi Period – Kemmu restoration collapse, Ashikaga Takauji, two courts, Onin War, collapse
7. Azuchi-Momoyama Period – enemies of Oda, death of Oda, Hideyoshi, Christian persecution, invasion of China, Tokugawa Shogunate
8. Religion – Shinto, Christianity, Confucianism, Buddhism
9. Buddhist Temples – pagoda, gate, main hall, bell
10. Shinto shrines – torii, komainu, purification trough, main hall, Ema, Omikuji
11. Culture – Waka poetry, Gunki Monogatari, ink wash paintings, tea ceremony, Japanese gardening, bonsai
12. Tale of Genji – Murasaki Shikibu, Genji Monogatari, story
13. Ninja – history, ninjutsu, duties
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other Medieval World History interactive notebooks: