This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the origins of Buddhism in an engaging way! This resource covers the beginning of Buddhism to the expansion of Buddhism out of India and into the rest of Asia.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These digital interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of World Religions digital interactive notebooks for Google Drive! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 23 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – Pali Canon, amitabha, arhat, bodhi tree, Dalai Lama, mantra, mandala, Pure Land Buddhism, sutra, zen, nirvana, Deer Park
2. Life of the Buddha – born, early life, meditations, Bodhi tree
3. Buddhist concepts – dukkha, samsara, rebirth, karma, nirvana
4. The Four Noble Truths – Dukkha, Samudaya, Magga, Niroda
5. The Eightfold Path – right veiw, right resolve, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration
6. The three jewels of Buddhism – Buddha, dharma, sangha
7. The Dharmachakra
8. Schools of Buddhism – vajrayana, mahayana, theravada
9 Buddhist monasticism – Avasa, Arama, roles
10. Early Buddhism – 1st and 2nd Buddhist councils
11. Buddhism during the Maurya Empire map
12. Expansion of Buddhism map
13. Buddhist influence – India, central Asia, China, Korea, Japan, Tibet, southeast Asia
14. Buddhist temples – Maya Devi, Mahabodhi, Parinirvana, Tainning, Eihei-ji, Angkor Wat
15. Buddhism vs. Hinduism venn diagram
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other World Religions digital interactive notebooks: