This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the origins of Buddhism in an engaging way! This resource covers the beginning of Buddhism to the expansion of Buddhism out of India and into the rest of Asia.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of World Religions interactive notebooks! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 12 graphic organizers: 10 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 3 maps are also included; one of the primary locations of the schools of Buddhism, one of the Maurya Empire, and one of the expansion of Buddhism out of India.
• 3 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – Pali Canon, amitabha, arhat, bodhi tree, Dalai Lama, mantra, mandala, Pure Land Buddhism, sutra, zen, nirvana, Deer Park
2. Life of the Buddha – born, early life, meditations, Bodhi tree
3. Buddhist concepts – dukkha, samsara, rebirth, karma, nirvana
4. The Four Noble Truths – Dukkha, Samudaya, Magga, Niroda
5. The Eightfold Path – right veiw, right resolve, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration
6. The three jewels of Buddhism – Buddha, dharma, sangha
7. The Dharmachakra
8. Schools of Buddhism – vajrayana, mahayana, theravada
9 Buddhist monasticism – Avasa, Arama, roles
10. Early Buddhism – 1st and 2nd Buddhist councils
11. Buddhism during the Maurya Empire map
12. Expansion of Buddhism map
13. Buddhist influence – India, central Asia, China, Korea, Japan, Tibet, southeast Asia
14. Buddhist temples – Maya Devi, Mahabodhi, Parinirvana, Tainning, Eihei-ji, Angkor Wat
15. Buddhism vs. Hinduism venn diagram
Check out my other World Religions interactive notebooks: