This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the origins of Christianity in an engaging way! This resource covers the beginning of Christianity to the expansion of Christianity and the early councils.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These digital interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of World Religions digital interactive notebooks for Google Drive! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 21 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – salvation, Kingdom of God, Messaih, Apostle, parable, redemption, Gospel, heresy, disciple, Bethlehem, Constantine, Bible
2. Beliefs – creed
3. Life of Jesus – birth, life, death, resurrection
4. The Trinity
5. Scriptures – Old and New Testaments
6. The Gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
7. The seven sacraments – baptism, penance, eucharist, confirmation, holy orders, matrimony, last rites
8. Liturgical calendar – Advent, Christmastide, Epiphanytide, ordinary time, Lent, Holy Week, Paschal Triduum, Eastertide, Pentecost
9. Christian symbols – cross/crucifix, ichthys, alpha & omega, staurogram, chi rho, dove
10. Early Christianity – apostolic church, post-apostolic church
11. Roman persecution – reasons, Nero, Trajan, Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius to Maximinus, Decius, Valerian, Diocletian
12. Early heresies – adoptionism, arianism, docetism, ebonites, gnosticism, marcionism
13. Councils – first council of Nicaea, first council of Constantinople, first council of Ephesus, council of Chalcedon, second council of Constantinople, third council of Constantinople, second council of Nicaea
14. Spread of Christianity map
15. Branches of Christianity
16. Christianity vs. Judaism
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other World Religions digital interactive notebooks: