***Click here for a preview of this resource!***
This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the origins of Christianity in an engaging way! This resource covers the beginning of Christianity to the expansion of Christianity and the early councils.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of World Religions interactive notebooks! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 12 graphic organizers: 10 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 1 map of the spread of Christianity is also included.
• 4 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – salvation, Kingdom of God, Messaih, Apostle, parable, redemption, Gospel, heresy, disciple, Bethlehem, Constantine, Bible
2. Beliefs – creed
3. Life of Jesus – birth, life, death, resurrection
4. The Trinity
5. Scriptures – Old and New Testaments
6. The Gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
7. The seven sacraments – baptism, penance, eucharist, confirmation, holy orders, matrimony, last rites
8. Liturgical calendar – Advent, Christmastide, Epiphanytide, ordinary time, Lent, Holy Week, Paschal Triduum, Eastertide, Pentecost
9. Christian symbols – cross/crucifix, ichthys, alpha & omega, staurogram, chi rho, dove
10. Early Christianity – apostolic church, post-apostolic church
11. Roman persecution – reasons, Nero, Trajan, Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius to Maximinus, Decius, Valerian, Diocletian
12. Early heresies – adoptionism, arianism, docetism, ebonites, gnosticism, marcionism
13. Councils – first council of Nicaea, first council of Constantinople, first council of Ephesus, council of Chalcedon, second council of Constantinople, third council of Constantinople, second council of Nicaea
14. Spread of Christianity map
15. Branches of Christianity
Check out my other World Religions interactive notebooks:
Origins of Buddhism
Origins of Hinduism
Origins of Islam
Origins of Judaism
There are no reviews yet.