***Click here for a preview of this resource!***
This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the origins of Hinduism in an engaging way! This resource covers the basic beliefs and practices of the Hindu religion.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of World Religions interactive notebooks! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 15 graphic organizers: 12 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 2 maps: one blank map of India; one of the spread of Hinduism into southeast Asia
• 3 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – atman, avatar, caste, guru, meditation, untouchables, vedas, upanishads, mantra, polytheism, sait, and lotus position
2. The roots of Hinduism – the three Aryan gods – Indra, Agni, and Soma
3. The spread of Hinduism out of India and into southeast Asia
4. Basic beliefs – Dharma, Artha, Samsara, Karma, and Moksha
5. The Trimurti – Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva
6. Other major deities – Lakshmi, Parvati, Shakti, Durga, Kali, Krishna, Rama, Ganesha, Indra, Varuna, Rudra, and Hanuman
7. Hindu creation myths – in the Rigveda, in the Shatapatha, in the Puranas
8. Schools of philosophy – mimamsa, samkhya, yoga, nyaya, vaisheshika
9. Hindu text – Shruti and Smritit
10. Sanskrit epics – the Mahabharata and the Ramayana
11. Traditions – Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism, and Smartism
12. Practices – rituals, rites of passage, Bhakti, festivals, and pilgrimages
13. Hindu festivals – Pongal, Maha Shivaratri, Holi, Vasant Navratri, Rama Navami, Hanuman Jayanti, Sitalsasthi, Deepavali
14. Varnas (the caste system) – Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas, Shudras, Untouchables
15. Hindu temples – Shiv, Dakshineswar, Rajarani, Natarajar
Check out my other World Religions interactive notebooks:
Origins of Buddhism
Origins of Islam
Origins of Judaism
Origins of Christianity
There are no reviews yet.