This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the origins of Islam in an engaging way! This resource covers the beginning of Islam to the spread of Islam under the Umayyad Caliphate from 661-750 CE.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These digital interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of World Religions digital interactive notebooks for Google Drive! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 17 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – Caliph, Caliphate, Abrahamic, Allah, Ramadan, Hadith, Ka’bah, Mosque, Monotheism, Sunnah, Surah, Adhan
2. Belieifs (6 articles of faith) – belief in Allah, belief in the angels, belief in divine books, belief in the prophets, belief in the day of judgement, belief in Allah’s predestination
3. The five pillars of Islam – faith, prayer, charity, fasting, and pilgrimage
4. Pilgrimage to Mecca
5. Judaism vs. Islam venn diagram
6. Prophets of Islam – Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad
7. The life of Muhammad – born, life in Mecca, the Qur’an, opposition, life in Medina, back to Mecca, death
8. The Qur’an – history, significance, contents, recitation
9. Sharia Law – history, areas of law, where it is enforced
10. Ramadan – beginning, night of power, fasting, charity, nightly prayers, recitation of the Qur’an, cultural practices, end
11. The Rashidun Caliphate – Abu Bakr, Uthman Ibn Affan, Umar Ibn Al-Khattab, Ali Ibn Talib
12. The spread of Islam map
13. Sunni Islam – beliefs, rightly-guided Caliphs, schools of law, holy sites
14. Shia Islam – beliefs, holy days, branches, Ahl Al-Kisa
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other World Religions digital interactive notebooks: