This paperless digital interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on elections in the United States in an engaging way! This resource covers everything from who can vote on how to run for office!
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student notes. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
This digital resource is completely PAPERLESS! It can be used with Google Drive, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive!
In this resource you will find…
• 12 pages of activities
• Suggested answer key
1. Key vocabulary – polling place, precinct, ballot, absentee ballot, the electorate, exit poll, referendum, recall, electoral college, electors, winner take all, political action committee (PAC)
2. Voting – who can vote, importance, political parties, what we vote on, how elections work, Presidential election, Midterm elections, electoral college, voting equipment, absentee voting
3. Types of elections – federal elections, state elections, local elections
4. Two-Party system – Democrats, Republicans, primary election, general election, other parties, advantages & disadvantages
5. Electoral College – definition, how it works, number of electors, how electors are chosen, how electors vote, all or nothing, advantages & disadvantages
6. Running for office – requirements, choosing a party, campaign team, money, slogan, campaigning, issues, debates
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!