This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on the Vikings in an engaging way! This resource covers the beginning of the Viking Age through Viking settlements of other countries.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of Medieval World History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 18 graphic organizers: 16 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 5 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – Vikings, saga, pagans, rune, plunder, Scandinavia, runestone, Old Norse, longships, thralls, karls, jarls
2. History & Origins – Vikings, language, beginning of the Viking Age, Viking Age, decline
3. England – Lindisfame, 840-869, Great Heathen Army, Great Summer Army, Alfred the Great, Danish raids, Normans
4. Ireland, Scotland, & Wales
5. Iceland & Greenland
6. Western & Southern Europe – France, Italy, Spain, Portugal
7. North America – L’Anse Aux Meadows, Vinland, sagas, settlement
8. Eastern & Central Europe – Varangians, Rus’ Khaganate, Volga trade route, Baltic coast
10. Culture – literature, language, religion, runestones, burial sites
11. Viking ships – faering, knarr, longships, karve, ship burial
12. Social structure – thralls, karls, jarls
13. Daily Life – appearance, diet, sports, entertainment
14. Trade – imports & exports
15. Weapons & Armor – weapons, shields, armor
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other Medieval World History interactive notebooks: