This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on Westward Expansion & Manifest Destiny in an engaging way! This resource covers the California gold rush through the Pony Express and Oregon Trail.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of American History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 16 graphic organizers: 14 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 5 1/2 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• 4 maps: Continental Railroad, Louisiana Purchase, Oregon Trail, and Pony Express
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – bronco, boomtown, cattle drive, cowboy, frontier, ghost town, gunslinger, manifest destiny, Northwest Territory, pioneer, reservations, telegraph
2. California gold rush – gold found, forty niners, panning for gold, supplies
3. Transcontinental Railroad – route, pacific railroad act, building the railroad, workers, the golden spike
4. The Homestead Act – the law, opportunity, land rush, sooners
5. Louisiana Purchase – more land, cost, size, borders, opposition
6. Mexican-American War – background, Texas becomes a state, war with Mexico, capture of Mexico city, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
7. Battle of the Alamo – the Alamo, before the battle, leaders, the battle, aftermath
8. Oregon Trail – route, covered wagons, dangers, supplies
9. Pony Express – how it worked, route, riders, duration, end
10. Daily Life – work, frontier women, children, education, entertainment, log cabins
11. Famous People – Daniel Boone, Sam Houston, Lewis and Clark, Annie Oakley, James K. Polk, Sacagawea, Thomas Jefferson
12. Famous gunfighters – Wild Bill Hickok, Billy the Kid, Jesse James, John Wesley Hardin, Wyatt Earp, The Wild Bunch
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other American History interactive notebooks (Part 2):