This interactive notebook includes everything you need to teach a unit on World War II in an engaging way! This resource covers the cause of World War II through the end of the war.
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student note. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
These interactive notebooks are part of a larger BUNDLE of American History interactive notebooks & graphic organizers! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!
In this resource you will find…
• 32 graphic organizers: 30 with text on them, and 2 left blank for your own customization.
• 10 pages of thorough suggested answers that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents is also included.
1. Key vocabulary – appeasement, Blitzkrieg, Concentration Camp, D-Day, Fascism, Fuhrer, Final Solution, Gestapo, Holocaust, kamikaze, Manhattan Project, eastern front
2. Allied powers – original members, Russia joins, U.S. joins, allied leaders
3. Axis powers – formation, leaders, other Axis countries
4. Causes of WWII – Treaty of Versailles, Japanese expansion, fascism, Hitler & the Nazi party, appeasement, Great Depression
5. Important people – Winston Churchill, Charles de Gaulle, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur, George Patton, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini, Hirohito, Anne Frank, Eleanor Roosevelt, Georgy Zhukov, Vasily Chukov, Chiang Kai-Shek, Mao Zedong, Heinrich Himmler, Herman Goring, Erwin Rommel, Victor Emmanuel III, Ugo Cavallero, Hideki Tojo, Isoroku Yamamoto, Osami Nagano
6. Battle of Britain – duration, name, battle, battle of Britain day
7. Battle of the Atlantic – location, duration, early battles, allied convoys, fighting U-Boats, turning point, result
8. Pearl Harbor – location, before the attack, attack, result
9. Battle of Stalingrad – Stalingrad, duration, battle, surrender, soldiers
10. Battle of Normandy – before the battle, confusion, weather, invasion, result
11. Battle of the Bulge – duration, location, battle, result
12. Battle of Berlin – duration, armies, Soviet attack, German surrender
13. Battle of Midway – location, Japanese attack, surprise, results
14. Battle of Guadalcanal – location, before the battle, battle
15. Battle of Iwo Jima – location, duration, battle, raising the flag
16. The Holocaust – why? ghettos, concentration camps, hiding
17. Japanese internment camps – internment camps, Japanese-Americans, life in the camps, end, government apology
18. Bataan death march – location, before the march, the march, end
19. The atomic bomb – Albert Einstein, Manhattan Project, first atomic bomb, decision, Hiroshima, Nagasaki
20. U.S. home front – rationing, women, propaganda
21. African Americans – segregation, jobs, Tuskegee Airmen, 761st Battalion, desegregation
22. Aircraft – major battles, fighters, bombers, aircraft carriers, transport
23. War crime trials – war crimes, Nuremberg Trials, Tokyo Trials, other trials
24. Marshall Plan – fear of communism, Marshall Plan, success
25. After the war – Europe, Japan & East Asia, war crimes, United Nations, Cold War
Please view the preview for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other American History interactive notebooks (Part 3):